Date Last Verified
Job Description: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (GPS) is an intellectual property research and consulting firm founded to meet the demanding needs of Inventors and IP professionals around the world for high-quality patent research and consulting. From our headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ, we currently service a global client-base of IP Attorneys, Patent Agents, Business Leaders, R&D Teams, Universities, Entrepreneurs and Inventors. This is not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill research position. Each project is unique and possesses a new challenge for you to tackle. You must be able to assess and analyze the best way to approach a project. Previous patent knowledge is great; however, it is not required. We are willing and able to train. The Patent Analyst primarily will perform research of invention concepts related to the technologies listed above using a variety of databases and compile formal search reports to demonstrate findings to clients. A majority of work requires in-depth reading, writing and working on computers. The position entails: • Quickly reviewing and gain an understanding of technical aspects of client inventions and/or technical search concepts
• Creating research strategies that best utilize time and resources when executed
• Perform extensive database research
• Reviewing, gathering and analyzing technical literature
• Report research findings in a timely and high-quality manner If you can manage yourself, as micro-managing is not our style, and you are motivated to get results in a timely manner, this could be a great opportunity for you to learn and grow with a quality-driven company. This position requires you to: • Meet and exceed client needs and deadlines by providing viable research solutions and being reliable and dedicated to getting the job done.
• Quickly, continuously and concisely Learn, Interpret, Comprehend, Retain and apply technical abilities. Enjoy an ongoing learning and computer-based environment that is dedicated to quality.
• Thrive in ambiguity and to self manage, prioritize and take pride in the work with the team and individually.
• Proactively, confidently and effectively communicate with internal team members. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Be supportive and helpful to others on all levels.
• Actively participate as a team member to best serve clients and the team.
• You will mostly work independently, but we do have a wonderful, supporting staff that requires some teamwork on occasion. We are looking for an efficient and flexible team player. ** This position is located onsite in Scottsdale, AZ. Required Experience: • Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred, but not required.
• BS required. MS or PHD in Engineering a plus. However, candidates applying for this position MUST have previous experience or extensive knowledge in the following technical area: Medical Device • Surgery and Medical Devices: Medical Instruments, Diagnostic Equipment, Treatment Devices, Surgery, Surgical Supplies, Dentistry, Animal Husbandry, Plant Husbandry, Prosthetics Keyword: Patent, Engineer, Engineering, Analyst, IP, Intellectual Property, Patent Examiner, Examiner, Agent, Patent Agent From: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Location/Region: Scottsdale, AZ (US - 85261)