Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking an Intellectual Property Paralegal reporting to the Paralegal Manager. This position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will be responsible for
• Assisting with preparation, filing, prosecution and maintenance of all patent applications and patents (U.S. and foreign)
• Daily review of client’s dockets
• Substantive reporting of actions issued by USPTO and foreign patent offices
• Monitor any Rule changes
• Manage worldwide client patent portfolios
• Correspond with foreign agents
• Assist in due diligence projects
• A minimum of five years of Intellectual Property experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
• Excellent academic credentials and attainment of at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent firm experience required.
• Knowledge of U.S. and foreign formality and legalization requirements
• Knowledge of electronic filings via EFS-Web with the USPTO and ePCT with the IB
• Knowledge of CPI docketing system (or equivalent patent docketing system) with ability to run client reports and dockets
• Understand docket deadlines and required actions needed to satisfy deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and closely with responsible attorneys/agents
• Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to work well under pressure
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at ****and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Philadelphia. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process