Licensing Associate (Inside Sales)
Established in 1914, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the first and leading Performing Rights Organization (PRO) in the United States.
As an **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Licensing Associate, you will work to identify unlicensed music users and connect with them, by phone, in order to educate them on **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and the need for permission when music is used in public. You will research leads, act as a liaison between music users and copyright owners, and call on businesses that play music in order to sell performing rights licenses.
By identifying these unlicensed music users and assisting them through the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. licensing process, you will be playing an extremely important role in ensuring that songwriters have the ability to thrive alongside the businesses that use their music every day.
• Generate new business through the sale of performing rights licenses to music users by phone
• Research in order to follow up with new business prospects
The ideal candidate is:
• Highly motivated & organized
• Enthusiastic and confident
• A great listener
• Has sales experience; in-person and/or cold calling
• Ability to adapt to a wide variety of sales situations and clientele
• Holds oneself to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
• A music lover who understands the value of music and the scope music plays in businesses
• Has a high level of computer proficiency (e.g. data entry, MS Office and/or Google Docs; CRM experience a plus)
Prospects/Clientele can include:
• Dance schools
• Eating and drinking establishments
• Fitness facilities
• Entertainment parks
• Moderate salary base with a generous monthly commission that can greatly enhance annual compensation total
• Commission is based upon: meeting and/or exceeding monthly standards and meeting and/or exceeding monthly revenue goals
• Eligibility for a generous benefits package
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
**** in the application.