Nixon Peabody LLP
We are seeking an IP Docket Assistant to maintain patent and trademark cases in our electronic docket system and be the point of contact for case management and electronic case files.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
· Review and process incoming domestic and foreign mail, faxes and USPTO communications
· Modify, add and maintain docket records
· Ensure accurate entry and date calculation for case information
· Ensure completion and verification of daily PTO submissions
· Create, modify and run status and docket reports
· Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding pending action items as needed, including the appropriate follow-up
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High school diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an IP prosecution setting, patent prosecution experience a plus
· IP Manager or equivalent docketing database experience a plus
· Working knowledge of docketing procedures, including knowledge of USPTO and foreign practices
· Computer, database, communication, and customer service skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
· Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels and to influence and negotiate upward within an organization
· Attention to detail
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
IP Practice Assistant
Nixon Peabody LLP
Website : https://www.nixonpeabody.com/
Our focus is on knowing what is important to our clients now and next so we can foresee obstacles and opportunities in their space and smooth the way. We ensure they are equipped with winning legal strategies as they navigate the exciting and challenging times we live in. Our ability to do this comes from these working principles: We’re curious and extremely focused on understanding our clients’ businesses and industries. We tap the collective intelligence of Nixon Peabody to deliver the best thinking and create value for our clients throughout the world. We lean forward into the future, together with our clients, to see and prepare for what’s ahead. Working together, we handle complex challenges in litigation, real estate, corporate law and intellectual property anywhere in the world.