Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading international law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Trademark Paralegal. This position could reside in the either the Boston, San Francisco, or Washington DC offices and will be responsible for providing support to our trademark portfolio management and copyright practice and serving as an integral part of our team.
• Preparing and filing U.S. and coordinating global applications for trademark and service mark registration as well as ancillary prosecution and maintenance filings;
• Preparing Trademark Trial and Appeal Board filings;
• Preparing trademark record title update filings;
• Assisting with trademark and copyright due diligence;
• Performing and analyzing on-line preliminary trademark clearance searches and prepare search guides;
• Preparing, filing and prosecuting applications for copyright registrations;
• Preparing correspondence to and communicating with clients and local counsel regarding trademark prosecution and maintenance issues;
• Keeping attorneys apprised of upcoming deadlines and working with them to apprise clients.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 5 years of trademark portfolio management experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
• A Paralegal Certificate is strongly preferred
• Excellent organization skills with a high degree of attention to detail
• The ability to follow instructions and established procedures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability to prioritize workload, assignments, and client needs
• The ability to adapt to change, balance competing demands, and function as an integral part of a fast-paced collaborative team environment
• Self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate effective planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required
• Experience conducting and analyzing searches of online trademark databases and familiarity with trademark docketing systems are required
• Specific experience with CPI and Thomson CompuMark SAEGIS™ is preferred
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at ****and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Redding. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process