NBC Universal, Inc.
Job Title Analyst, Intellectual Property
Business Segment Staff
Responsibilities Role Purpose
NBCUniversal is seeking an Intellectual Property Legal Analyst to support the Brands and Content, Intellectual Property team as needed, with an emphasis on domain name administration and strategy. Candidate must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively with legal team to identify, present and discuss challenges early. Proficiency with trademark or general intellectual property practice is preferred.
* Work closely with the SVP of the group on corporate domain name policies and strategies and other department initiatives.
* Support the Intellectual Property legal department in its practice by assisting counsel on a variety of intellectual property matters
* Assist with the prosecution, management and development of the global trademark portfolio
* Support IP counsel in infringement/anti-counterfeiting matters, trademark oppositions and UDRP proceedings
* Work with paralegals on clearance and prosecution matters for trademarks and titles, and
* Work with administrative staff on docketing and file management projects
Job Number 37906BR
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
Country United States
Sub-Business Corporate Legal
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the worlds leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversals policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of experience in a trademark practice at a law firm or in-house legal group
* Strong computer skills, including proven experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and trademark docketing and database systems (e.g., WebTMS)
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online through ***************** to be considered
* Candidate may also submit an additional copy of his or her resume to *********************
* Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
* Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
* Must be 18 years or older
Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a large volume of work
* Demonstrated initiative in achieving results and measuring performance
* Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail, including the ability to quickly and accurately file and keep records
City Universal City
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.