Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Patent Agent or Technical Specialist for the IP Practice Group. With more than 150 intellectual property professionals and technical specialists, unlike smaller boutique firms, Morgan Lewis brings to bear considerable resources of one of the largest law firms in the United States. We offer substantial resources representing and advising clients on all aspects of intellectual property: Patent, Trademark, Copyright, IP Litigation, IP Licensing, IP Enforcement Programs, Trade Secrets, Franchises, Internet, Advertising, Unfair Competition, Outsourcing and Managed Services, and IP Issues in Business Transactions. This position will reside in the San Francisco office and will be responsible for:
* Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
* Instructing foreign patent application filings and prosecution
* Performing and analyzing prior art and patentability searches
* Assisting with product clearance and other patent-related opinion projects
* Preparing substantive client correspondence
* Engaging in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
Experience / Qualifications
* A degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related life science. An advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is preferred, but not required.
* Strong analytical, research, writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* USPTO registration is not required.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis, we work in collaboration. We work around the clock and around the world—always ready, always on—to respond to the needs of our clients and craft powerful solutions for them. From our 30 offices* in North America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, we work with clients ranging from established, global Fortune 100 companies to enterprising startups.