BAE Systems plc
Join an award winning, dynamic and growing team of Contracts professionals that provides mission critical capabilities across a growing and diverse portfolio of customers including; the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and a myriad of international customers. This opportunity offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work within the growth oriented Space Systems Product Line of the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector.
Develop your career and enhance your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with the Business Development, Engineering and Finance teams. As the Principle Contract Administrator, you will also work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your Space Systems Contracts team including your Director of Contracts, to the Space Systems leadership team and across the entire billion dollar C4ISR Business Area.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across international and domestic environments.
- High level of business acumen with the ability to provide guidance to Program Management teams on international, government and commercial contracting methods for products and services while protecting Intellectual Property.
- Ability to maintain professional and dependable internal relationships within BAE Systems along with strong reliable relationships with external customers throughout the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
- Demonstrable experience working with numerous nontraditional contract types to include GSA schedules, IDIQ vehicles, and BAAs
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelors Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- GSA Schedules and schedule management
- Strong knowledge of Intellectual Property law and policies
- Experience with software licenses, End User License Agreements (EULA) including Open Source Software (OSS)
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- Experience with agreements to support sales and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements)
Preferred Skills and Education
- JD or Bachelors degree in Business or related field.
- Experience with commercial contracting, intellectual property and GSA Schedules
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 35557BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the worlds most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
- Manassas, VA 20110
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
BAE Systems plc
Website : http://www.baesystems.com/
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 88,200 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.